CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
AYU Board Member
Our eight-person Board is always interested in hearing from people who might be interested in joining as Board member, and are extending an invite to anyone interested in joining the board to submit an application.
Our Board is a great group of people who are productive, high-functioning and well-regarded in the community. We love seeing new players fall in love with our sport and trust you will too.
Are you interested? Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- One in-person mtg per month (weekday evening for ~three hours)
- Basic facility with Google Docs
- Respond to emails/requests for feedback
- Oversee at least one sub-committee or project
- Commit to at least a three-year term
- No financial/donor expectations
Commitment to the best interests of youth ultimate, Spirit of the Game, open communication, conflict resolution, and cooperation within our Board and community.
We will first review all applications and then have a formal interview/application process.
Medical Director for Masters Nationals (July 2022)
Preferable a physician who is a sports medicine trained-orthopedic surgeon or sports med/family medicine. Emergency medicine is a good specialty to recruit.
Medical Director should be familiar with evaluating musculoskeletal injuries, concussions, heat/cold injuries and managing emergencies – both medical and injuries. Familiarity with the SCAT5 is important.
They will need to become familiar with USAU’s heat guidelines and use of the Kestrel.
- Working with ATC’s working the event to make decisions about return to play
- Working with USAU event staff on monitoring weather conditions and making decisions about heat level and play
- Helpful if can liaise with local hospital/urgent care
- Work with event ATCs to designate closest hospital/urgent care/pharmacy on the handout for participants/spectators
- Meeting EMS/Police that are working event in case of emergency
- Triaging spectator illness/injury to determine if transport by ambulance is needed
- Summarizing medical over the course of the event and submitting a BRIEF written report to USAU Event staff (ie no ambulance transports, 2 heat-related injuries, 5 concussions, etc)
- Board Certified
- CPR certified
- prior experience working sporting events
We always need event volunteers!
AYU Youth Coaches
We are looking for qualified coaches for upcoming clinics and to help with various youth programs. We will be compensating coaches for their time and all coaches will have a demonstrated commitment to strong character and sportsmanship and will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Must have or will get an active USA Ultimate Membership.
- Must agree to the USA Ultimate Coaching Code of Ethics.
- Completed Background check and SafeSport certification.
- Must agree to Coaching Code of Ethics and Spirit of Coaching.
- Must be available for virtual meetings in the months leading up to the season to discuss logistics and roles/responsibilities with other coaches, program directors, or the AYU Director of Operations.
Coach a School Team
New to town and looking for a youth team to coach? Startup middle school team looking for a coach? AYU is now offering a tool to help connect teams in need of leadership to coaches in order to help new and established programs grow, and provide resources to get new teams off the ground and help established teams developed.