Monday Night Goalty League
Come join us for this Mixed (2:2) Goalty League. Games will be played on Monday nights from 7 pm – 9 pm, Oct 10 – Nov 28 (No league on Nov 21st) at Manual High School in Denver. League will continue for 7 weeks with the tournament played on Nov 28th after Thanksgiving Weekend. Each team will play three 20 minute games in the 2 hour window. You may Group with up to 1 other person for this draft league. Volunteer captains will recieve a full discount on their league registration fee for the work involved in this role. The league registration does not include a jersey. Please bring both a light and dark jersey each week. The League Coordinator will bring 10 gallons of water each night, but make sure to bring your own as well.
The purpose of this league is to build community with each other while playing the best variation of ultimate. With that in mind, take care of each other! That means meeting new people, communicating respectfully, and playing safely. We reserve the right to remove anyone from this or future leagues if they make people feel unsafe physically or emotionally.
Clove Pizzeria & Tap is excited to host us after league. Located 1 mile away from Manual HS. Let’s grab a beer and a slice and get to know each other better!
Pickups and Subs:
If you would like to pickup for this league, please fill out this form.
As this is a Mixed league, we will have to limit registrations to ensure we can maintain our team and on-field ratio. At the beginning of registration, you will be asked if you would like to register as a Free Agent or as part of a Small Group.
- Small Groups of more than two (2) players will not be honored and may be subject to a processing fee if a refund is required.
- Female-matching(FM) players are able to register as a Free Agent or as part of a Small Group up to a cap.
- Male-matching(MM) players are able to register as a Free Agent or as part of a Small Group up to a cap.
- MM players who register as a Free Agent will be waitlisted and will not pay. They will be accepted into the league once registration has closed on a first-come basis.
- MM players who register as part of a Small Group with a FM player will be automatically accepted into the league.
- MM players who would like to register as part of a Small Group with another MM player should complete a Free Agent registration to avoid unnecessary payment and indicate their Grouping preferences in the relevant form field in registration. These groups will be accepted into the league once registration has closed on a first-come basis.
- If you are the first of your pair to register, please “create new Small Group”
- You will need to name the Small Group so that your partner can find it. Please name it something clear and distinct.
- If you are the second of your pair to register, please “join existing Small Group”
- You will need to select your Small Group from a list.
- Player Information surveys will ask you to confirm if, and with whom, you would like to Group.
Please Note: Your USAU membership must be up to date to play in the league.
An Affiliate Player Membership is sufficient for this event – be sure to select AYU, Colorado Ultimate when you sign up. If you signed up already for the annual membership, then you are good to go – review your membership profile to confirm that it is active and expires 12/31/2022. AYU is planning to run multiple adult leagues this and the coming years that will be covered by a yearly Affiliate Player Membership.
It is important to us at AYU that no one be excluded from participating in any event we sponsor because they’re facing financial challenges with the registration fees. If you need financial assistance, use this form to receive a discount code for an amount you would be able to pay. AYU is dedicated to providing financial aid for Marshal Fire victims. If you were affected by the Marshall Fire, please use the same form to request a discount. If the USAU membership fee presents a financial challenge, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will assist.
Altitude Ultimate (or AYU) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on the growth and develepmont of Youth and Adult Ultimate in Colorado. All proceeds from these events goes back into the community to continue our efforts and supporting those who may not be able to afford it otherwise.
Rules of Goaltimate
- Teams will consist of up to 10 players (up to 5 male-matching and up to 5 female matching players).
- Fields will have a single hoop, clear zone, and out-of-bounds lines. Fields dimensions: 52 yds by 26 yds, clear zone is 10 yds deep.
- Games will be played for a set time. A single horn will signal the start of the games and two horns will signal the end of games. During regular season, games will end once the time has elapsed; games can end in a tie.
- Teams play 4 v 4, with hockey-style subbing (An incoming player must tag hands of a player coming off at the sideline). This league will be played with an on-field 2:2 ratio at all times.
- The stall count is to 5 (starting at Stall one and ending at the F of five) and can be counted by any person on the field from anywhere. (Double teams are allowed, as is counting a stall without anyone on the mark.)
- One point is awarded for a completed pass that travels through the hoop and is caught in the end zone by your teammate. Two points are awarded if the disc is thrown from behind the clear line into the endzone. The disc must fully cross the plane of the goal during reception to count as a goal. You cannot release the disc from inside the goal; if you do and the pass is completed, it is not a goal but you still have possession.
- Whenever a turnover happens, the possession changes and the new offensive team must ‘clear’ the disc by advancing it past the clear line, and can then attack the goal. “Make it take it” rules apply, so if you score your team must clear the disc and then you can attack again.
- The disc can only go through the hoop in 1 direction. If you throw it through backward (from behind the hoop, towards the clear line), it’s a turnover.
- Setting static screens is legal (think basketball). Be mindful when setting screens of the velocity of other players and whether you’re putting yourself somewhere dangerous to yourself or the player you’re trying to screen.
- Offensive players may only stay in the end zone for 3 seconds at a time. After 3 seconds they must leave the end zone and return in order to be an eligible scoring receiver.
- Goaltending is not allowed. Defenders must be within 5 feet of an offensive player and actively defending that player to remain in the end zone.