2023 Spring Wednesday 6v6 Draft League
May 10 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
You (and up to 1 other person) should join us for this Mixed (3:3) Ultimate Frisbee Draft League hosted Monday nights at Bruce Randolph’s lighted artificial turf soccer field.
This soccer field is fairly narrow, so to compensate for that we will have narrower ultimate fields playing 6v6: 3 Male-matching and 3 Female-matching. This is a first try, please let us know if you have any feedback on the league.
This league will run for 10 weeks, including the tournament, starting on March 15th and ending on May 24nd (no league on March 29th due to Spring Break). The facility is reserved from 6:45pm to 9:15pm. Each team will play a single 70 min game per night starting either at 6:50pm or 8:05pm with some 5 minute buffers at the start of each game to allow for changeover time.
Round 1: 6:50-8pm Round 2: 8:05-9:15pm
Price: $60 (see below for financial assistance)
Registration: Opens Feb 23, Closes Mar 7
Fill out this Form if you would like to Pickup for the league.
You (and up to one person) will be drafted onto a team by volunteer captains. Team rosters and communications will go out the week before league start, but don’t be surprised if it’s the Sunday-Tuesday before league begins.
Volunteer captains will receive a full discount on their league registration fee for the work involved in this role. We could not run draft leagues without volunteer captains, so thank you. If you have any questions about captaining, please reach out to email@example.com.
As this is a Mixed league, we may have to limit registrations to ensure we can maintain our team and on-field ratio.
At the beginning of registration, you will be asked if you would like to register as a Free Agent or as part of a Small Group.
- Small Groups of more than two (2) players will not be honored and may be subject to a processing fee if a refund is required.
- Female-matching(FM) players are able to register as a Free Agent or as part of a Small Group up to the player cap.
- Male-matching(MM) players are able to register as a Free Agent, or as part of a Small Group up to the player cap.
- MM players who register as a Free Agent will be waitlisted and should not pay. They will be accepted into the league once registration has closed on a first-come basis.
- MM players who register as part of a Small Group with a FM player will be automatically accepted into the league and should complete payment at that time.
- MM players who would like to register as part of a Small Group with another MM player should complete a Free Agent registration to avoid unnecessary payment and indicate their Grouping preferences in the relevant form field in registration. These groups will be accepted into the league once registration has closed on a first-come basis.
- If you are the first of your pair to register, please “create new Small Group”
- You will need to name the Small Group so that your partner can find it. Please name it something clear and distinct.
- If you are the second of your pair to register, please “join existing Small Group”
- You will need to select your Small Group from a list.
- Player Information surveys will ask you to confirm if, and with whom, you would like to Group.
Please Note: Your USAU membership must be up to date to play in the league for all players and all pickups.
An Affiliate Player Membership is sufficient for this event – be sure to select AYU, Colorado Ultimate when you sign up. If you signed up already for the annual membership, then you are good to go – review your membership profile to confirm that it is active and expires 12/31/2023. AYU is planning to run multiple adult leagues this and the coming years that will be covered by a yearly Affiliate Player Membership.
Financial Assistance: It is important to us at AYU that no one be excluded from participating in any event we sponsor because they’re facing financial challenges with the registration fees. If you need financial assistance, use this form to receive a discount code for an amount you would be able to pay. AYU is dedicated to providing financial aid for Marshal Fire victims. If you were affected by the Marshall Fire, please use the same form to request a discount. If the USAU membership fee presents a financial challenge, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will assist you.
Altitude Ultimate (or AYU) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on the growth and develepmont of Youth and Adult Ultimate in Colorado. All proceeds from these events goes back into the community to continue our efforts and supporting those who may not be able to afford it otherwise.