Who: In order to participate in the U17 team, players must be between 15-16 on December 31, 2024
Are there cuts? We believe strongly in growth and development, and will guarantee all players the ability to participate in practices. If interest is too high, we may have to have tryouts. In this case, we will have a team and practice players.
- We cannot guarantee equal playing time in each game, but will work hard to balance playing time as much as they can over the course of a tournament.
- Those who do not make the team are welcome to continue to practice with us and grow throughout the season, and will have the option to stay in the team hotel if they wish to support the team at YCC! These players who do not make the competitive team will be able to pay a lowered price.
Practices: Our practices will be open to all U17BMPs who register, regardless of if they make the competitive team or not. Practices will be 5:30-8:30pm on Thursdays and Sundays. We are still waiting on confirmation, but expect one practice to be at Monarch HS and one practice to be in Lakewood.
Note: If practices have fewer than 10 BMPs, after 2 low attended practices we will cancel the following practice. Low practice attendance impacts the quality and benefit of what players will get out of practices. If this is an ongoing issue, we will discuss having fewer practices over the summer.
Playing Opportunities: Our competitive U17 team will have the opportunity to participate in:
- Youth Quake- June 21-22 in Utah *note, this is assuming enough interest
- Co Cup (Potential B Division)- unsure of dates but we will work hard to get the team in
- Youth Club Championships (YCC)- August 2-5 (Friday-Monday) at Aurora Sports Park
- Club Sectionals- September 7-8 at Long Lake Regional Park *note, we will be inviting U17 players up to the U20 Red or U20 Blue team as needed (to fill in for college players who will be leaving) based on coach recommendations.
Please note that the ability to compete in tournaments relies on having at least 15 players for midseason tournaments and club sectionals, and at least 18 for YCC.