- Created camps focused on Girls and Spanish-Speakers
- Hosted Learn to Play Ultimate clinics in Aurora, partnered with local organizations to host including Big Brothers and Big Sisters.
- Translated Liability Waivers and Medical Authorization forms to Spanish (and paid Spanish speaking community members)
- Created cultural competency trainings (we’ve trained both local and national ultimate leaders)
- Contracted a local community advisor- we have someone in the Montbello area who is a Black community organizer, we have also connected with someone in the Pueblo area who is on the school board and will support us working with Pueblo kids of color
- We have a paid EDI Community Engagement Specialist who is working to build relationships in the Aurora community
- Condemned racist police violence with Aurora city organizations – met with Visit Aurora and other city leaders
- AYU Board completed training with an DEI consultant and created some main objectives/strategic planning— this was a major focus of our Board strategic planning work
- We created an EDI vision and mission that will guide us in the future
- Developed a pay-what-you-can financial aid program.
- Committed to compensating local coaches and organizers to develop stronger programs.
Adult Summer Leagues!
Altitude Ultimate Altitude Ultimate will be running two adult ultimate frisbee leagues this Summer at Lowry Sports Complex in Denver. Both will be coed/mixed draft leagues with baggage of up to (1) other person. Each team will play two games per night for 8 weeks...